Translate

2010年1月29日金曜日

I want to hear that we have abolished nuclear weapons.

In Prague, in April of 2009, President Obama announced, “I state clearly and with conviction America’s commitment to seek the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons.” I listened to this speech with delight. But he continued with, “I’m not naïve. This goal will not be reached quickly, perhaps not in my lifetime.” I was disappointed to hear that. He is in his forties. He thinks we should live with nuclear weapons for another thirty years or more.
We can’t abolish nuclear weapons as long as we believe in nuclear deterrent power. Obama is President of the U.S., the number one superpower country in the world. The U.S. has half of the world’s total nuclear weapons. Obama should make a plan to abolish nuclear armament in the U.S. and invite other countries to follow him. I have heard enough of “Yes, we can.” I want to hear “we have done it.”

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿