Translate

2011年7月18日月曜日

Ordinary French people want to stop nuclear power plants in France


I went to Marseille and Montpellier, France this July to see my daughter. Some French people asked me about the nuclear power plant accident in Fukushima, Japan. They were worried about the Japanese people and were afraid of nuclear power plants.

Before going to France, I thought that most French people approved of nuclear power generation because France had the second most nuclear power plants in the world, but this is not the case. Most of the people I met wanted to stop the usage of nuclear plants. Seeing the third severe accident of Fukushima no. 1 plant made people think this way.

I put on a badge saying “Plus de Fukushima: No More Fukushima.” A taxi driver, looking at my badge, said that we couldn’t live with nuclear power plants. A worker at a bus station said that he agreed with me, and that France should decide to stop using nuclear power, like Germany. I gave badges to many people. They put them on. I was glad to see a worker in a park wearing the badge that I had given them the day before.

I hope all nuclear power plants are closed in the near future.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿